Media player that supports a variety of video file types
With a minimalist style that doesn't actually make you sacrifice anything, the QQPlayer app for Android is a unique media player that will easily replace any other player you've ever used to watch your favorite media.
A Brief Review of the QQPlayer App for Android
As far as video players for Android go, you can find a ton of them out there on the market today, and most will have the same relative functions. It's actually quite rare to find one that stands out like the QQPlayer app. This app is able to stand out because of how minimalist it is in design, while actually still providing a broad range of features. For instance, this player still plays every file type from AVI to MOV, and everything in between, but it's a very simplistic, elegant design that allows you to only focus on the media you're watching instead of having to stare at a large toolbar on the screen for an assortment of options you'll probably never even use. It has all the functionality of a full-sized PC player while still providing you with the sleek, streamlined design of an Android mobile app.
Take an option like closed captioning for an example here. With a regular player, you'll have to navigate the toolbar to find the option and scroll until they're added; or, even more complicated, you'll have to create separate SRT files and load everything together. With this player, all you have to do is double-tap the screen, and the captions will play. It's also this easy and intuitive when it comes to your basic play, rewind, forward and stop features.
Pros and Cons of the QQPlayer
- Minimalist design is very elegant
- User interface is very intuitive
- Touch-screen options replace a toolbar
- Wide assortment of file types accepted
- Large movie files may cause device to run slower
- No advanced viewing options
1.Upgraded encryption feature, supporting encrypted videos that other softwares fail to play.
2.Hide the virtual keyboard while playing videos to achieve much more comfortable user experience.
3.Implemented a more human-oriented menu design, which enabled menu to pop up without a button.
4.Optimized performance of reloading lists.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD: Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.